Outdoor recreational facilities tour
UIS Recreational Sports wants you to have fun in the sun this summer! The department maintains a variety of outdoor recreational facilities on campus, which are open to students and members.
Additionally, the department has all the equipment you will need, such as basketballs, footballs, volleyballs, soccer balls, and horseshoes along with other items available for use.
“All you have to do is bring your iCard to TRAC and check out the equipment. It is free of charge,” said Matt Panich, Rec Sports assistant director of facilities and membership services. “You can also reserve facilities if you have an opportunity to come out and use them with a number of other people.”
Highlighted Outdoor Facilities:
- Located just south of The Recreation and Athletic Center (TRAC)
- Great for soccer, cricket, and other field sports
- Located north of Pennyroyal Court
- Features a sand volleyball court, basketball court, & softball field
- A great location for flag football or soccer
- A total of 9 holes located across campus
- The first hole starts near Lincoln Residence Hall